Goals for next Xfce releases

Mike Massonnet mike.massonnet at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 17:08:30 CET 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 04:08:55PM -0500, Ori Bernstein wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:09:55 +0100, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> said:
>
> > Hello friends,
> >
> <snip thank-yous>
>
> Hopefully for 4.6 I'll have time to make that list too =)

Hi :)

> > File manager
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > No lack of ideas here, I believe. One from me: do we want to try and
> > integrate with Tracker for searching? It does sound more in line with
> > our philosophy than Beagle.
>
> That does sound interesting. One thing I think would be nice would just allowing
> globbing in the treeview search.

Having gobbling in the "typeahead find" would be nice, or at least if it
would iterate through every file having the typed string at any position
of the filename, like searching for "var" and iterate through "foovar",
"foovarbar", "varbar", ...

Cheers,
Mike
--
 Mike (m8t) Massonnet http://massonnet.org/     __oo
 GnuPG 0--" 0xF8C80F97                      ---(_)_">