[Xfce4-commits] r26470 - in libxfcegui4/trunk: . libxfcegui4

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 13:22:55 CET 2007

2007/12/13, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:
> When you deprecate stuff, please don't #ifndef out the gobject cast
> #defines or the struct typedefs.  This will make code using those
> classes fail to compile.  The idea of doing the #ifndef is to cause the
> compiler to throw warnings, not error out.  To catch these as a 'hard
> fail', you'd use the gcc -Werror flag.

Well I looked in Gtk, there they put the GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
#ifndef and #endif at the start and end of the entire header file,
when the whole object is deprecated.

http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gtk%2B/trunk/gtk/gtklist.h?revision=12634&view=markup

The when the user defined XFCE_DISABLE_DEPRECATED the compilation
should fail because the functions/structure etc are not there anymore.

Nick