xfwm4 - composite Revision 26452

samuel samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 09:17:03 CET 2007

Hi Olivier,

I'm very glad that you seem to have time to work on xfwm4 once again. :)

r26452
Revision Log:

    Add support for overlays from Composite extension version 0.3

Though I'm slightly puzzled by this change...
I upgraded xfwm4 this morning (svn checkout of trunk) and all of a
sudden X requires 100% of cpu and my display looks very corrupted.

Disabling composite seems to have helped it but i prefer my non-active
transparent windows :).

fyi:

libXcomposite: 0.4.0
compositeproto: 0.4

xf86-video-ati: 6.7.196 (XAA, RenderAccel, ColorTiling and EnablePageFlip)

So if you can shed some light on this change? Do i need a special
config update or something?

gr,
Samuel Verstraete