Question about desktop files

Jean-Philippe Guillemin jp.guillemin at free.fr
Thu Aug 23 22:38:40 CEST 2007

Christian Dywan wrote:

> Why in the world do you want to get rid of gksu? It's a super handy
> tool for nothing but running graphical apps as root. It does not
> require gnome.
Gksu prior to version 1.3.7 : yes.

After this version Gnome session and Gnome keyring are needed (no more
"-a" switch if I remember well). That's why Zenwalk still provide
version 1.3.7 of Gksu.

> And forking or replacing a tool "for the sake of having
> our own" is not worth it at all.

It would be worth to have a password session keyring in XFCE imho.

> I hope this didn't sound harsh, but your statement simply doesn't
> make sense to me without a very good reason.

I guess you expected me to state things without a good reason, right ?  ;)

Cheers
JP