SVN quick startup help needed

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Tue Aug 7 14:20:50 CEST 2007

Am Tue, 7 Aug 2007 10:41:20 +0200
schrieb ellguth at ibh.de (Andre Ellguth):

> Hi all,
>
> I have announced my xfce panel plugin (wmdock) for a few days on the
> goodies.xfce.org site.
>
> Now, I want to use the xfce SVN.
>
> I have already a SVN account for https://svn.xfce.org/svn/ and some
> SVN experience and I need a quick startup help to upload my project
> to https://svn.xfce.org/svn/goodies/xfce4-wmdock-plugin.
> Can anybody explain me this in a short step by step tutorial with the
> best practices for the xfce svn?

You already have an account for mocha (the server) and SVN, so all you
need to do is something like this to import your sources into our
subversion repository:

  1. svn co --non-recursive https://svn.xfce.org/svn/goodies goodies
  2. cd goodies
  3. mkdir xfce4-wmdock-plugin
  4. cd xfce4-wmdock-plugin
  5. mkdir trunk tags branches
  6. cd trunk
  7. copy your sources into the working directory
  8. run "make distclean" or whatever it needs to remove all
     auto-generated files
  9. cd ../.. (back to the goodies/ folder)
 10. svn add xfce4-wmdock-plugin
 11. svn commit -m "Insert commit message here"

  - Jannis