Database access

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 18 20:09:29 CEST 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:33:01 +0300 Jani Monoses wrote:

>> No, you may not.
>
>And ironically, you can tell me?

Tell you what?

You appear to at least accept on principle that telling people what to
do is not welcome here.  How is telling people what *not* to do any
different?

Regardless, your evaluation of XFC is faulty.  It's an alternative to
gtkmm that, in theory, has decent memory and performance advantages.
Though I don't recall any benchmarks being done, that doesn't mean
those advantages don't exist, or that it's not a worthwhile project to
find out if those advantages can be realised.

XFC represents a significantly different design view of how a gobject/C
-> C++ binding set should be done.  Are you a C++ expert?  Who are you
to decide what's right and wrong, what's worthwhile and a waste of
time?  If no one cares to step up, the project will die.  If someone
does, the project will live.  That's the OSS way, and you (or anyone
else) have no place telling people which projects are worth their time
and which aren't.

Really, I'm getting tired of this crap.  Please only post when you have
something positive to contribute to the community.  You've done it
before, and I know you can do it again.

	-b