resize by dragging the top border of a window

Björn Martensen bjoern.martensen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 23:41:38 CEST 2006

Hello,

why is it not as easy for a user to resize a windw by dragging the top
border (only works with alt + right click) as it is to resize it with
every other border or the corners (left click only)?
AFAIK xfwm is the only window manager that does not let you resize the
window by dragging the top border in the same way as it works with the
other borders.
I think it is unneccessary complicated since a user would expect it to
work the same way for every border and i don't really see any advantages
in the current behaviour or some kind of "smart design".

I used many window managers in the past and all had the ability to let
you resize with the top border so i find the behaviour of xfwm rather
irritating.

Please explain why this way was chosen over a more "standard" way.

I'd like to know the reasons for this first, but i might aswell just
file a feature request/bug report (it is a bit of both, IMHO).

Greets,
Björn