Plugin vs. icon sizes.

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 22:05:34 CEST 2006

Sat, 9 Sep 2006 21:18:07 +0200 - "Nick Schermer"
<nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote :

> Ok, maybe it sound weird, but I don't have any problems with the
> current behavior. The only problem: each plugin calculates the icon
> size in a different way. So we need good and 'standard' way to
> calculate the icon size inside a (convenience) button (since we're
> talking mostly about buttons). After this is done, we can discuss if
> it's use full to use gtk's convenience function
> gtk_icon_theme_load_icon.
>
> IMHO it doesn't matter if an icon looks fuzzy, but if it does, all
> panel icons should look fuzzy :-).

  Another inconvenience are the progress bars.  Most of the plugins use
a border of 8 pixels (4 top, 4 bottom) around the progress bar.  In some
codes it result with a resized panel, and others doesn't use borders at
all.  I'm currently writing a plugin to control MPD's volume with a
progress bar (I'm bored) and I have find myself out with a "way" which
works.  You can see the patch[1] I have provided for xfce4-mixer panel
plugin.
[1] http://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=781&action=view

> Nick

Mike