XFdesktop+Beryl/Emerald desktop bug filed

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Sat Oct 21 15:49:00 CEST 2006

FYI:

I just wanted to let you know that I filed a bug against Beryl
concerning XFDesktop:

/
"When clicking on the root image (desktop) with either the right or left
mouse button, the entire root image shifts/moves an entire monitor to
the left. Clicking again restores it...//

This doesn't happen with Xfce's own window manager: xfwm4.

//I use the latest XFdesktop from svn and the latest Beryl packages from
ubuntu.compiz.net (0.1.1-0ubuntu1)//

(X)Ubuntu Edgy: 6.10 Xfce: 4.4 (SVN) Nvidia driver: 1.0-9625 Twinview:
1280x1024 & 1024x768//

See also the attached screenshots..."/

Maybe it has something to do with XFDesktop itself, as I didn't try any
other root/desktop handling application...

The bugreport can be found here: http://bugs.beryl-project.org/ticket/567

Cheers!

Harold.