Second Release Candidate (was [Re: Of libtool, xfce graphical installer and "--enable-final"])

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Oct 20 10:10:32 CEST 2006

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Benny,

Hey Olivier,

>> > I do not know where the problem lies, and I do not want to break
>> > xfce4-panel design either, I just want to make things work and have
>> > xfce 4.4 out. So what about getting rid of --enable-final in the
>> > installer? Or maybe, check for this option in xfce4-panel configure
>> > script abort when used?
>>
>> Sure, feel free to drop the --enable-final option from the 4.4 installer
>> (xfce-installers/trunk/xfce44).
>
> Humm, it's still unclear though. Dropping the enable-final might not
> fix the problem either. I'm clearly lost in these libtool arcanes...
> :(

That's why I suggested to use g_module_build_path() instead.

>> PS: Concerning the RC2 release, I want to fix some more bugs for
>> Thunar/libexo, but I have zero time right now. Can we schedule the RC2
>> for 28/29th?
>
> Ah...  we talked about releasing RC2 this WE, but since I would really
> like to have RC2 the final RC, then it's definitely better to wait for
> your fixes.

Thunar alone has 37 outstanding bugzilla entries. That has to come down
to atleast 20 for the final RC. I hope that I'll have some spare time
next week.

Maybe we could even schedule the RC2 for 4/5th of November, that'd give
some more time for fixes.

> May I ask you a favor, so? Can you post the postponal on the ML, I
> don't have access to my mail from here and I'm not subscribed to the
> ML with my gmail account...

Sure.

> TIA
> Cheers,