Icon box.

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 19:15:40 CET 2006

Hey Jasper, I was thinking: Wouldn't it be easier to merge  the tasklist
plugin and the iconbox plugins ? I mean... they should do basically the same
thing with the few differences listed down (please correct me if I'm
speaking nonsense)

The Tasklist is allowed to create more rows when it has enough vertical
space, and the iconbox only enlarges its icons.

The Tasklist displays the title of the tasks in the buttons and its buttons
are wider.

Wouldn't it be easier to handle the IconBox through the same code that does
the Tasklist, only making that tasklist Vs iconbox behavior optional ?

If I recall correctly the tasklist already has support for stopping drawing
the titles, so it would just be a matter of creating the Expand to
height/Add Rows switch. (and deal with the minimum width, since it goes
pretty weird when the minimum width is set to zero.

Of course I don't think this is a project for 4.4 but I think it is worth a
try.