XFWM4 Window Problems, Part Deux

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 13:15:30 CET 2006

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:39:59 +0100 - "Milosz Derezynski"
<internalerror at gmail.com> wrote :

> I don't know the exact reasons for this above behaviour, and
> <irony>thanks</irony> for "too lazy to check". Man, this is seriously
> not how things like these work and it certainly does not give you
> guys any bonus points wrt community-friendliness.
>
> If you think you have enough of those points then, well, maybe you
> have some credit from OS-cillation (commercial) and Hewlett-Packard
> (commercial), but if you just keep ignoring testcases and checks from
> non-commercial "entities" then this is just plain nuts as an open
> source project. If you think you have enough corporate backers, and
> QA people who test XFCE and XFWM4 in a paid fashion and this is
> enough then you are at a 45 degree angle missing the goal.

  In my case, I just spend some free time around Xfce, so don't blame
me.  I think most developers of Xfce, I'm not, do the same. They code
around Xfce in they free time.

  Also I didn't check your testcase, because Yves-Alexis did it... now
I tested it.  It didn't "present" the window after some seconds, it
just reappeared in the taskbar.  If you add gtk_widget_show (GTK_WIDGET
(window)) it works... but I know you will refuse this line of code...

  Enough said, all the rest could go wrong.  So, cool down.

Mike
--
 http://massonnet.org/ Mike Massonnet (mmassonnet)        _