Problem with xfce_themed_icon_load()

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 13 03:41:05 CET 2006

David B. Cortarello wrote:
> I don't know if I should send this mail to this list, if not my apologise:
>
> I'm writing a small plugin for network configuration based on Benny's
> Generic MCS plugin.
>
> I'm using Nuvola theme, I have
> /usr/share/icons/Nuvola/scalable/apps/network.svg, I have the svg
> loader and svg engine. But in the code I have:
>
> GdkPixbuf *pixbuf = xfce_themed_icon_load("network", 48);
>
> And for some unknown reason pixbuf get's NULL so It goes to fallback
> icon. The icon is loaded if it is in /usr/share/icons/network.svg
> which is very weird...

If you're using gtk 2.8+, make sure the icon cache file is up to date
for Nuvola.

If it is, please try something like this:

GtkIconTheme *icon_theme = gtk_icon_theme_get_default();
if(gtk_icon_theme_has_icon(icon_theme, "network"))
    g_print("icon exists\n");
else
    g_print("icon doesn't exist\n");

If you get "icon doesn't exist", then it's a problem with your system,
not Xfce.

	-brian