Default desktop colors

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Tue May 30 17:11:09 CEST 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006 14:59:49 +0000, daniele favara wrote:

> On 5/30/06, Stephan Arts <psybsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There is a reason ppl do not like green, and it has something to do
> > with color-blindness.
> >
> > I don't know exactly what it is, but to some people green can be
> > offensive.
>
> yes it has something to do with color-blindness ... but i'm not sure
> this is the case .. with that pathology ppl can distinguish a red
> triangle on a green background

No, not necessarily. A friend of mine asked our profs to not use red
chalk anymore when writing on the green boards in our lecture rooms.

So you're right, I completely forgot about that color-blindness fact.
Maybe we should use either a light blue or something very discreet
fitting into our color scheme.

- Jannis