XFce 4.2.3.2 support for SunStudio under Solaris

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Mon May 22 05:18:23 CEST 2006

William Bonnet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In order to package the latest stable version of XFce for Solaris, i
> added SunStudio support. There are three files to patch to be able to
> compile with the Sun's compiler.
>
> I would like to submit this patches to the community.
>
> You will find the patch to apply at the following URL :
> http://wbonnet.net/xfce/patches-xfce-4.2.3.2
>
> Direct patches url are :
>
> http://wbonnet.net/xfce/patches-xfce-4.2.3.2/libxfce4util.patch
> http://wbonnet.net/xfce/patches-xfce-4.2.3.2/xfce4-mixer.patch
> http://wbonnet.net/xfce/patches-xfce-4.2.3.2/xffm.patch
>
> Since this is the first time i submit patches, please let me know if it
> is not the good way to do it :)

I doubt these should be merged as such:

* removing the panel locks will cause breakage. it's probably better to fix
the XFCE_PANEL_(LOCK|UNLOCK) routines to compile on __sun, and then it will
also compile properly when people add new _LOCK and _UNLOCK calls.

* fixing a void that returns a value seems bogus - void functions don't return
anything so the original code seems buggy ;^) (and should be fixed instead of
obfustcated, obviously)

I'm not sure about the module license patch, I'm sure someone else can look at
the macro's.

Cheers,

Auke