xfce4-panel, dev-tools and pkg-config

James Westby jw+xfce at jameswestby.net
Thu May 4 18:30:23 CEST 2006

On (04/05/06 18:20), Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> James Westby wrote:
> > How should I replicate label_PLUGINSDIR with this method?
>
> You should turn the xfce4-wavelan-plugin into an external plugin (the
> panel contains a file describing the difference between internal and
> external plugins IIRC). Then in your Makefile.am:
>
> plugindir = $(libexecdir)/xfce4/panel-plugins
> plugin_PROGRAMS = xfce4-wavelan-plugin
>
> xfce4_wavelan_plugin_CFLAGS = $(LIBXFCE4PANEL_CFLAGS)
> xfce4_wavelan_plugin_LDFLAGS = $(LIBXFCE4PANEL_LIBS)
>
> Check the xfce4-cpugraph-plugin as an example of how to setup the stuff
> for an external plugin (it is a very simple plugin and was already
> updated for 4.4).

Thanks, I'll do this later.

I was looking at the cpugraph plugin for ideas (as well as many others),
but I didn't think I needed to be an external plugin. I still don't
really get the difference.

    For an internal plugin, only the macro call is different. And of
    course the build files.

But there must be some reason for the distinction.

Thanks for the advice,

James