New to the list.

Martin Krois info at creylab.com
Wed May 3 14:50:38 CEST 2006

Hello XFCE4 coders,

I'm new to this list and to XFCE and just want to introduce myself.

I'm a 33 year old guiness drinking humanoid from Denmark who has been
working in the Internet Industry for the past 10 years as a front and
backend programmer on various systems. My experience is mainly with PHP
and MySQL, but also ShellScript, C++, Perl, Oracle, and a bit of this
and that.

I have also been working as a graphic artist in my younger days,
raytracing and 2d drawings, but somehow got sucked into the world of coding.

Half a year ago I finally made the full switch from windows 2k to
running FreeBSD as my workstation. I used to run windowmanager. I tried
gnome, but it seemed very slow from out of the box, and I've seen KDE on
other machines which did not seem to be me... I like them fast and clean.

I discovered XFCE4 by chance and it suits me perfectly. Pretty much the
speed of windowmanager, and not too bloated and full of eyecandy which
IMHO is useless and annoying. Simple, elegant, fast and effective - this
is a desktop as I like it, and I sincerely hope you will continue in
this spirit. :)

I'm very interested in the usability aspect of GUI's, and I hope I can
contribute with that, and in addition some coding or perhaps
translations. I'm new to GTK, so right now I'm just checking out that
SVN trunk.

Martin.