App idea

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Mon Mar 20 18:17:27 CET 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:31:30 +0100, "daniele favara" <danjele at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, daniele favara wrote:
>>
>> > /xubuntu/ubuntu/pool/xubuntu/archive-managers/xarchiver/0.4/
>>
>>  Xarchiver source is:
>>
>>  http://xarchiver.sourceforge.net/xarchiver/
>
> Since a coupple of hours yes .. that's the new bzr ...

bzr? I wish we could decide on standards... =^)

anyway - it seems like there is major support for xarchiver as a start point for integration. After playing around with the 0.4 release (found bugs!) it looks like xarchiver is definately what I would think that an Xfce archive manager would need to do (a few UI changes perhaps, but all I need is basically there).

Anyway - some things that we can do now with what we have:

- work on xarchiver to integrate in Xfce upstream
- work on xarchiver bugs ;^)
- work on benny's sample plugin to support xarchiver instead of file-roller

starting from /dev/null seems a bit too much at this point - I think

Auke