xfce4-panel and SIGTERM

Adriano Winter Bess awbess at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 05:04:22 CET 2006

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 04:47:40PM -0300, Adriano Winter Bess wrote:
> [...]
> I'll try upgrading all my xfce svn setup (my panel rev is 20482) until tonight
> and see if it is still reproducible. Thanks a lot for your attention to this.

OK, I found out something: the panel crashes during exit only if I start it from
a terminal emulator. For example, supposing xfce4-panel is not running and then
I issue the following commands inside xterm:

$ xfce4-panel &
$ killall xfce4-panel

or even:

$ xfce4-panel &
$ xfce4-panel --exit

the panel crashes. But if, for example, I press ALT+F2 and launch xfce4-panel
from xfrun, neither SIGTERM nor `xfce4-panel --exit' crash the panel, instead it
exits flawlessly.

I don't know if this is of any help, but it's reproducible on my system.

Regards,
Adriano
--
Adriano Winter Bess