XFCE - look-and-feel configuration.

Aaron aaronf0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 21:03:48 CET 2006

might even be able to make into 4.4 depending on how elegant the solution is.

hows this sound? 3 diffrent tabs, one for UI, one for Xfwm4, and one
for Xfwm4 advanced options. when you click each, it then displays the
plugin below, so its got 2 levels of tabs, the main ones at the top of
the window, then the plugins ones below that. (dont know if this is
clear)

maybe also a last option a bit hidden somehwere in the xfwm4 plugin
for showing/hiding the advanced configuration options for xfwm4?

this might end up looking like the advanced tab plugin thing for
firefox if anyones ever seen it?

On 3/14/06, SJM Arts <Stephan.Arts at hva.nl> wrote:
> I know development for 4.4 is now (slowly) entering a new stage, one of
> bug-fixing and stabilizing.
>
> But, i would like to brainstorm with you about some possible post-4.4
> configuration stuff.
>
> At the moment, the configuration of the xfce-look-and-feel is done in
> multiple mcs-plugins, one for gtk, one (or two, if you count the
> wm-tweaks plugin in. ) for xfwm4, one for xfdesktop and one for the
> splash-screen.
>
> Can it be integrated in one look-and-feel configuration utility?
>
> I understand that the current setting is clear. But 4 different
> locations to change the appearance of xfce i find a bit weird.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Stephan

If it moves, COMPILE IT!!! Yay Gentoo!!!