Just reinstalled Xfce from trunk and here is my findings...

Joao Pedrosa joaopedrosa.news at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 04:50:49 CET 2006

Hi,

2006/3/12, Aaron <aaronf0 at gmail.com>:

> idk, is it not identifying your locale correctly, giving you the wrong
> menu? it could be a bug, im not a dev, so i cant comment, but it looks
> like xfdesktop and xfmenu-editor are each assuming two diffrent
> default locales. maybe if you can figure out which files each is
> looking at?

After I changed it to "Use custom menu file", and changed the file
to /home/dewd/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml
I was able to edit the file successfully.

The strange thing is that as I reported originally, I could edit the file
and save it, but it wouldn't change anything in the menu and neither
would show any error like "couldn't write to file X". Maybe there is
a usability issue there.

Thanks for pushing me through it.

Cheers,
Joao