4.4 default look - Take 4

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Sat Mar 4 09:29:13 CET 2006

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> The green backdrop looks terrific after a while. Let's make a U turn and
> try a very clean look with a plain grayish color that reminds the color
> of the window active title bar. Plain color, no image at all. I think it
> looks a lot more "professional" :).

I'd say at least include the mouse in some form if it's still the
official logo. And maybe a slight gradient wouldn't hurt (if only to
show off the gradient option in xfdesktop). Professional doesn't
necessarily mean dull. But you were right to drop the green. :)

BTW: I really dislike the active title bar color. It's just too dark and
imposing compared to the rest of the theme.

> How does look? Wanna try for yourself?

It's a bit... restless. Or toyish maybe. Can't think of better words
right now. Some of the colors just seem to clash. I'd go for something
simpler and cleaner, at least if you're shooting for "professional".

> http://www.xfce.org/~olivier/preview/Default-4.4-proposal/Default-4.4-proposal.png
> http://www.xfce.org/~olivier/preview/Default-4.4-proposal/Default-4.4-proposal.tar.bz2
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.