Xarchiver: behaviour of switch -n for Thunar integration

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 21:30:13 CEST 2006

Let me see if I got this straight... If I want Thunar-archive-plugin
to work with a archiver, I'd need an archiver that implemented a
thunar defined interface ?

Is there anywhere I can find out what is that interface ?

I may be overengeneering things a bit but, we (I, perhaps) could start
thinking in writing wrapper interfaces for common archivers (just
wondering, what if a user wants to run this action but needs not
fileroller OR archiver.... the guy already has tar and gzip in his
machine...)

Being it so that multiple archivers can provide the same interface,
how does the thunar-archive-plugin find out which one to use ? is
there an option to define what is the executable for it?

Just working some things out on my mind, but perhaps I am *way* out of
reality here... so I'll give them some deeper thought before asking
anymore things (lol)

cheers,
Alexandre Moreira.