Xarchiver: behaviour of switch -n for Thunar integration

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Tue Jun 27 19:31:16 CEST 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:25:24 +0200, Colossus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I developed the switch -n this way:
>
> -n, --new=[archive name] [file1] [file2] ... [fileN]        Ask for
> the archive to be created, add files to it and quits.
>
> Someone have asked me to change it to:
> -n, --new [file1]  [file2] [fileN] ...
> Prompt for the archive name to create, and add files given in cmd line
> in this new archive.
>
> My question are:
> 1) which behaviour is best for Thunar integration ?
> 2) shall I change the behaviour of other switches always for Thunar
> integration ?

AFAIK, Thunar doesn't use the -n switch and thus, it's not needed for
Thunar integration. It might be useful when working with Xarchiver from
a terminal, though.

Thunar already is supports creating archives and also provides a dialog
where you can choose the archive type and enter a filename.

Regards,
Jannis