OT (slightly) UI/feature plans for next Xubuntu

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 23:13:09 CEST 2006

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Jannis Pohlmann schreef:
>>     * Free-moving of panel plugins like in gnome.
>>
>> Personally, I like the solid behaviour we currently have.
>
> Yeah, me too. So you will have some convincing to do ;-) Why would you
> want to do this, exactly?

Yeah, I don't mean to convince until I am convinced myself that it's
cleanly doable ;)
The single reason is spreading out plugins on the panel so they are more
easily locatable and clickable. The use of the expanded separator plugin
- at least in it's current form - for this seems very unnatural to me
and takes too much fiddling around to get applets in the positions you want.
Besides that the free space is not the panel actually but the separator
plugin, so it does not have the Restart item in it's context menu.

Jani