Xfce 4.4 Userguide -- default Xfce Layout?!

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 23:53:32 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I have started working on an update for the Xfce4 UserGuide (as part
of the new website).

There is a lot of stuff i can work on right away (like Settingsmanager
stuff) but there are somethings dependent on the 'default xfce
settings'.

The UserGuide is designed to be a step-by-step introduction to Xfce4.
Which includes the basics like launching programs, navigating the
file-system, and using the Settings manager.
And ofcourse, the installation of Xfce4 will be covered too.

Some of the information used in the new UserGuide will come from the
old one for Xfce 4.2 (written by Jasper and Benny), but due to the
extensive changes in Xfce 4.4 there is a lot of new stuff to be
covered.

I would like to know if it is possible to decide on a default layout
for different components, like panel, desktop, thunar etc... Because
the UserGuide will follow these layouts. (It is allright if we do not
decide on the colors, screenshots can be changed afterall.) But it
would be hard if the UserGuide describes a panel-plugin (for lets
say... thunar) which does no longer reside in the panel at the time we
release something ;).

Stephan