focus follows mouse question

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 16:31:53 CEST 2006

On 6/2/06, jouke hijlkema <Jouke.Hylkema at onecert.fr> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've got a bit of a problem using focus follows mouse wile  doing  a
> drag and drop in thunderbird.
> I want to copy an attachment from a received email to a new one. It
> works fine if both windows are completely  'visible' and I can simply
> drag and drop the attachment. However, this means that I have to resize
> and position the windows before the operation. I've configured xfce to
> use focus follows mouse and I think this should all so works while in
> 'drag and drop mode'. So, hoping that I explained myself clearly I would
> like to know if the actual behaviour (focus follows mouse doesn't work
> while pressing a mouse button) is a bug or a feature.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Jouke

Indeed, it happens here too. I see it as a bug, or, rather, probably
as a possibility noone had thought of. In the meantime, you could try
first dragging to the entry in the taskbar of the window you want to
drag too, hover above it until it gets focused, then drop it in the
window.

Regards, Alexander Toresson