C++ patch or .desktop file for desktop icons

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Sat Jul 29 15:09:36 CEST 2006

> Well, first of all I doubt anyone would accept code written
> in C++.
I mean a standard C patch - as the one I attached two days ago with the
Home icon.

> And I also doubt it makes sense to put much discussion and features
into a
> temporary solution, which the desktop launcher icons are
> supposed to be.
I'm not sure to understand your point. Can you clarify? Do you mean that
the suggested .desktop file method is supposed to be a temporary
solution - not clear from the previous discussion - or do you mean that
the xfdesktop icon view will be replaced and handled by Thunar?

Gregoire