DnD (moving text) broken in mousepad

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 04:35:22 CEST 2006

On 7/13/06, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:00:00 +0200, Colossus <colossus73 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 7/12/06, Erik Harrison <erikharrison at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > File a ticket in Bugzilla, and I'll try to get to it. Frankly, I'm
> > > not really able to work on Mousepad much anymore, so it may be some
> > > time if it's gotten to
> >
> > What about to replace Mousepad with geany? I hope you don't mind for
> > this proposal.
> Even me, as developer of Geany, don't think so, too.
>
> Another question: why do you use mousepad at all?
> Why don't you just include leafpad. Without looking at the source code,
> the only changes between leafpad and mousepad are the about dialog and
> the default print command. Are there other, bigger changes?

Some minor stuff - it can support a distro level config file, it uses
XDG for config file locations, it has more human readable config
format. And at some point in the past, I included a cluster of bug
fixes and tiny changes over Leafpad, but I believe in the absense of a
maintainer, that Leafpad has grabbed most of them

Leafpad is spaghetti (ish) code. But really, lots of apps are, and
it's very manageable, since it's a small source tree. I'm really glad
of what Tarot's done.

I had hoped to finish up a fresh rewrite of mousepad, as I thought I
could severely simplify the code, and potentially make it open much
faster. Never did though

> Regards,
> Enrico
>
> --
> Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.key
> Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."