[Xfce4-commits] r22552 - xarchiver/branches/xarchiver-psybsd/libxarchiver

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Jul 28 16:45:49 CEST 2006

Stephan Arts wrote:
>>>This is a good idea, it would decrease dependencies aswell. I will see
>>>how i can use it.
>
> It has an irreliable configure script, it does not fail when checking
> for libbz2 and e2fslibs (needed for bsdtar app inside the package)
> dependencies...
>
> Neither does it support things like the rar format, which the current
> implementation can by calling the rar application.
>
> Calling the individual apps does allow a much wider range of
> archivetypes to support. Though i must agree, it is a lot of work.

You'd continue to use external tools for archive types that aren't
supported by libarchive. You could also contact the authors of
libarchive asking to add even more archive types (which would benefit
not only xarchiver, but also tar).

The configure script shouldn't be a problem. Either the distribution
already provides a package for libarchive (or its part of the operating
system for non-Linux systems) or you'll be using your internal copy anyway.

> Stephan

Benedikt