[Xfce4-commits] r22552 - xarchiver/branches/xarchiver-psybsd/libxarchiver

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 16:40:00 CEST 2006

On 7/28/06, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> Stephan Arts wrote:
> >>  [...]
> >>
> >>The library is under a BSD license, so you can easily include it in
> >>xarchiver tarball and use the included version if the system is missing
> >>a copy of libarchive or its header files.
> >

> > This is a good idea, it would decrease dependencies aswell. I will see
> > how i can use it.

It has an irreliable configure script, it does not fail when checking
for libbz2 and e2fslibs (needed for bsdtar app inside the package)
dependencies...

Neither does it support things like the rar format, which the current
implementation can by calling the rar application.

Calling the individual apps does allow a much wider range of
archivetypes to support. Though i must agree, it is a lot of work.

> It would also offer other advantages, like exact progress (-> time
> remaining) when opening an archive, which is currently neither possible
> in Xarchiver nor in File-Roller, etc.

This is correct.

> Benedikt

Stephan