Xfdesktop feature request - Embryo of proposed patch

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Thu Jul 27 22:54:48 CEST 2006

Brian,

Your remark is very accurate: a .desktop shortcut is much better than a
complex C++ patch! Anyway, it was interesting to deepen the xfdesktop
code.

Then, I would suggest that the .desktop files that make sense are simply
added by default to the desktop folder - and we let user delete them if
he doesn't want them. It doesn't hurt and there is no setting needed. My
2 cents suggestion,

Gregoire