Xfdesktop feature request - Embryo of proposed patch

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Thu Jul 27 20:02:09 CEST 2006

To the main xfdesktop developer,

I would like to suggest a feature request for xfdestkop: it would be
nice and useful to add the option to put a "File System", "Home" and
"Trash" [*] icons on the desktop when the "File/launcher icons" mode is
used. As removable device icons already appear on the desktop, it makes
sense to put those other icons. It would be the same behavior as the Mac
OS X desktop.

I have an embryo of proposed patch. I don't think that it's very complex
- the work has already be done for the removable device, so it's more
code duplication. It just needs to be nicely integrated into the main
branch.

I would be ready to help finishing this enhancement if I get some
directions and support from the xfdesktop leader,

Gregoire

[*]: As Benedikt is hopefully a few lines of code away of this
tremendous new feature. :-)