XDG menu implementation

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Thu Jul 27 12:13:43 CEST 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:20:31 +0530, Biju Chacko wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:31:46 +0530, Brian J. Tarricone
> <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>
> >> you? Personally, I really like it and I think it's a good starting
> >> point.
> > *nod*, I think you're taking this in the right direction,
> > definitely.  I really can't wait until it's finished ^_^.
>
> Looks interesting. I'd suggest that you have two test apps though.
> One could be an app that displays a menu like the menu panel plugin
> and the other could be like xfce4-appfinder. You'd want to make sure
> that it would still be useful for someone who was implementing
> something like 'gimmie' (http://www.beatniksoftware.com/gimmie).

There already is a test app displaying the root menu
(tests/display_root). Once I've imported this into the new libfrap, I
could imagine to turn this into an experimental panel plugin.

BTW, the original reason for me to implement this spec was that I
wanted to overhaul the appfinder, so yes, a similar test program sounds
logical. I'll see what I can do.

- Jannis