PIM app for XFce

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Jul 20 11:58:03 CEST 2006

Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:

Please use the Xfce mailinglist, as Olivier and myself may not be the
only ones interested in this.

> You might want to have a look at this:
> http://chrislord.net/images/gontact.png
> It's three very small and very optimized applications (because they were
> supposed to run on the Nokia 770, and so they were really optimized).
> With a bit of work you migtht want to fork them and include them on XFce
> as the official calendar/contacts/mail apps for XFce!!

I've already seen screenshots of gontact, and atleast the screenshots
look ok. But as you might know there's already Orage, the Xfce calendar
app, so it wouldn't make much sense to "include" gcontact in Xfce. But
of course Juha or Mickael can pick up ideas or code (tho IIRC most of
the stuff is python).

> Eugenia

Benedikt