adding support for hibernation to xfce4-sessions's exit dialog

Andre Puschmann andre.puschmann at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Thu Jul 13 17:18:48 CEST 2006

hey,
i did some searching in g-p-m's faqs and code and here is my conclusion:
- g-p-m decides whether to show buttons to enable hibernate/suspend or
not using hal
- so if you have suspend-support in your kernel (suspend1 or suspend2)
you will be able to select it in g-p-m (except you *disable* explicit it
in gnome's gconf)
- the scripts that will be called are those
/prefix/share/hal/scripts/system/hal-system-power-hibernate and
/prefix/share/hal/scripts/system/hal-system-power-suspend

so doing it the same way is not too bad, isn't it?

faq:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnome-power-manager/docs/faq.html

regards
andre