Xfce 4.4 beta2 released!

Robby Workman xfce at rlworkman.net
Wed Jul 12 08:30:27 CEST 2006

Well, I've now got working packages for both xfce 4.3.90.2 and
the associated xfce-goodies.  Other than one seemingly random X
lockup for which I was unable to determine a cause (although I
*think* it was related to Terminal) and one other issue (to be
mentioned in a moment), I'm extremely pleased with the 4.4
progress - great job guys!  It's a much cleaner look, the
elimination of xftaskbar in favor of panels is wonderful, and
maybe I'm imagining things, but it seems even more responsive
than the 4.2.x series.

The other issue I have is missing icons of in the various menus;
I suspect that it may have something to do with XDG_* environment
variables, but I've experimented with them unsuccessfully thus
far.  Clue sticks are welcome, and to help determine how large
they should be, screenshots are here:
   http://rlworkman.net/images/xfce-4.4/

Thanks in advance,
RW (robw810)