xfce library versions

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Jan 30 20:20:55 CET 2006

Jani Monoses wrote:
> Hello
>
> the versions of xfce helper libraries have changed between 4.2 and 4.3
> as seen in svn.
>
> util : 1.9.0 -> 2.0.0 (btw does not have configure.ac in svn)
> mcs : 2.5.0 -> 2.2.0 (the newer is smaller ??)
> gui : 3.6.0 -> 4.2.0
>
> wouldn't it be better if they had more consistent versioning, like
> following the version number of the xfce release they are part o

Maybe I misunderstand your comment, but if I understand it well, the
eanser is not really, there is no relationship between the lib
versioning and the package versioning.

 From libttol documentation:

http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual.html#Updating-version-info

/Never try to set the interface numbers so that they correspond to the
release number of your package./

The MCS version number in trunk being lower than in the xfce_4_2 branch
is a bug however, it has not been updated in HEAD.

HTH
Olivier.