4.4 default look

samuel verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 08:47:23 CET 2006

gonna continue some pun... :p

Though i did say on #xfce-dev that i didn't like the theme at all i
have to review my opinions a bit...
1. the gtk theme is actually nice... the blue is actually light and
after all that's what we kind of want for Xfce... we don't need the
"we're oh so serious"-look from gnome(ubuntu-clearlooks... fill in
whatever you like)

2. Though the black window border is nice... a) it doesn't fit with
the blue and b) every single person will say that it looks a bit like
vista... (yes just because of the black border, the red button...
everything actually...), and while i'm thinking in that way... wasn't
the default wallpaper of vista also something green? (though i
actually don't mind the green wallpaper ;) )

3. i agree with Auke that the led clock is Fugly... and indeed i first
thought i was looking at a gnome screenshot... I would like a more
conservative Xfce look... so a higher panel at the bottom that is not
fully stretched (maybe even with handlers) and a panel with a tasklist
inside at the top... I would do that just to keep it recognizable...

So 2 major things... not the colors from Vista and not the look from
GNOME (please)

oh... and this is of course my most humble opinion...

gr,S.