xml vs ini config files

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 07:38:51 CET 2006

Hello

are there any non-historical reasons for using both xml
and rc files for configuring the various parts of xfce?
Most xml files I looked at fit the key-value model (xfwm shortcuts,
panel properties, mixer settings)
Would you have objections against changing some of these over to rc
files for 4.4?

Related: at least in my setup xfce4-session ha its own toplevel dir in
XDG_CONFIG while other components are under xfce4/. Can session be moved
under xfce4 too please? Maybe checking both places so upgrading does not
break people's setups, or even moving them over as with autostart.

thanks
Jani