no more desktop menu pop-up?

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Sat Jan 21 00:15:55 CET 2006

I'm adding this FAQ to the FAQ - if the right-click menu is missing or suddenly the desktop wallpaper disappears - chances are that your xfdesktop program died. Here's the (updated) FAQ entry for this:

+ My desktop or desktop menu has disappeared!?

It appears that xfdesktop is no longer in control of the desktop. Often
xfdesktop has died, or some other program took over the desktop. Make
sure that xfdesktop is still running first. Nautilus takes over the
desktop by default too. Please start nautilus with the --no-desktop
flag, or use gconfig-editor and unset the flag that tells nautilus to
handle the desktop. Start xfdesktop again and you should be OK again.

Auke