How to get to the Xfce 4.4 website

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:41:58 CET 2006

On 1/10/06, sofar <sofar at foo-projects.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:06:53 +0000 (UTC), Biju Chacko <botsie at xfce.org>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Nick Schermer wrote:
> >
> >> (Started new discussion; from "How to get to Xfce 4.4")
> >>
> >> Maybe it's a bit lazy to create an image layout, but it's a lot faster
> > than
> >> writing everything in css:

> > sample<http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/nickschermer/wwwxfce/index.png>
> >> Documentation
> > sample<http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/nickschermer/wwwxfce/docs.png>
> >>
> >> Maybe it looks like FreeBSD to much, but it can (and will) be changed
> >> later. It's more an idea how the content can be arranged.
> >
> > I think it's great. There are probably a lot of things that need to be
> > tweaked, but frankly, we need to avoid a long drawn out discussion on
> it.
> >
> > I suggest that we immediately start working on this layout as a target,
> > and start figuring out how to organise things such that different people
> > can work on the content and presentation.
> >
> > -- b
>
> Indeed it looks very nice - perhaps a tad less dark blue on top (I kinda
> like the light-blue hazy color from the current webpage right now ;^)).
> Otherwise it's a very solid webpage. Initial remarks and thoughts:

No problemo.

* the homepage is left-focussed - put the navigation on the right in the
> doc-example page and it's a little bit more consistend

No problem. very easy to change that in the css. float left of right.

* looks like an excellent layout to poor around a wiki too - reuse the css

I also had this idea. 1 style for wiki, wordpress and so on, but first the
website :-).
(NOTE: place the div tags in the same place like wordpress and/or mediawiki
if possible)

Gr. Nick

Auke

ICQ: 300712345