How to get to Xfce 4.4

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Mon Jan 9 21:16:50 CET 2006

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:48:39 +0100, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW. the current Xfce website is written in php, but maybe its better to
> create
> the content in (x)html and only the news and stuff in php?

that would force everyone writing pages to copy + edit the full source - lots more chance in errors and your pages become unreadable.

I would suggest keeping the php and using a smarter system to "insert" subpages and maybe do some simple menu and title manipulation. To see how ridiculously simple this is check out: http://foo-projects.org/~sofar/xfce/ (notice that the page uses div's only and inserts a variable title in the top div, same can be done for the menu).

this would allow people to concentrate on *content* and leaving style to the designer - adding a new page would be much simpler too - just write the content and wrap in a single div. You'd attract much more people and possibly can implement a simple "news" browser (flat-file based).

just a thought ;^)

Auke