semi-off: my nameday and Paltanen

masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr
Sun Jan 8 22:54:56 CET 2006

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 12:06:06 +0100
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:

> SZERVÁC Attila schreef:
> >
> >  ok, I've entered to admin area of the project and I've entered to Edit
> > release page:
> >
> >  http://developer.berlios.de/project/admin/editreleases.php?package_id=794&release_id=1187&group_id=910
> >
> >  and I've uploaded paltanen.jpg to
> >
> >  ftp://ftp.berlios.de/incoming/
> >
> >  so, i think, i'm technically ready to release next xfce4-artwork package :-))
> >

> What you probably want to do is create a new tarball for the
> xfce4-artwork package and put that in the file release.
>
> The xfce4-artwork package is managed in SVN. So, you should check out
> the package, add the new background, change the Makefile.am, recreate
> the Makefile, create a tarball with 'make dist' and release that in the
> file release area.
>
> Hey, who said is was easy to be a package maintainer ;-)

I agree. Also, can you send a mail to the list when you' ve done, so I will post a news on the xfce-goodies site. (yes, I think that posting a news for each little addition is important to show how much Xfce is a living project).

Note: I moved the discussion to the xfce-goodies-dev list since I think this is more relevant.
Just one thing before I go:
THX for the idea and for adding these wallpapers in the artwork package.

> Anyway, I can help you with this, if you want. Just mail me off-list at
> my xfce adress.
>
> 	Jasper

Bountykiller.