How to get to Xfce 4.4

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg2002 at freemail.gr
Sun Jan 8 13:53:34 CET 2006

Hello!

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 12:23:47 +0100
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:

> Translations
> ============
>
> It is always difficult to say when is the best time to start
> translating new code. We are at the start of a testing period (I
> hope ;-) and this may show problem in the interface that require
> string changes.
>
> On the other hand, the modules should be more or less feature
> complete now and there are a lot of strings to translate, so it might
> be a good idea to start translating now.
>
> At least developers should probably start notifying xfce-i18n of
> string changes.

I take that as a call to start translating (well, I am almost done for
the core, but anyway ;-).

If this is the case, then the po files updates should stop now, because
when people start working on the file, even a trivial update like a
single sting change will certainly cause conflicts on the checkouts,
and the translators will have to merge the changes manually anyway.

If this is needed, an update to the pot file and a notification to the
xfce-i18n mailinglist should suffice anyway.

Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org

"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Just copy me to your signature  to help me spread"