transparent inactive, opaque active

samuel verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 13:47:29 CET 2006

Well as Brian knows i'm actively using trans-inactive and i like it :)
it crashes every now and then but i don't mind :) it's beautiful and it
makes the desktop experience great... especially if you have focus
follows mouse and you don't let the windows raise when they receive
focus :)
truly a killer app :) simple yet effective...

Brian, we of course respect your "normal brian's one-off crap software
rule" but just to let you know, if you want a study case that keeps on
failing with a BadWindow request... just try sylpheed... I don't know
why but everytime i close it trans-inactive spits out :

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x3400003
  Serial number of failed request:  120

and stops working :)

thnx again

gr,S.

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 04:24:48 -0800
"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

Research group Soil Spatial Inventory Techniques
Dept. Soil Management and Soil Care
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Ghent University

Department of Soil Management and Soil Care
Coupure Links 653 - Block B
9000 Ghent - Belgium

Telephone +32(0)9 264.60.42
Fax +32(0)9 264.62.47