xfdesktop menubar?

Stefan Stuhr xfce4devlist at sstuhr.dk
Fri Feb 24 00:02:34 CET 2006

fre, 24 02 2006 kl. 00:22 +0200, skrev Jani Monoses:
> I have looked at this and it seems the setup you're talking about
> involves multiple menu plugins in the panel right?

That's the solution I use.

> I wonder if one plugin could handle the menubar, so it feels like a
> real
> app menu, not two popup menus stuck together, and also have just one
> plugin running.
> But if this is too  hard to do multiple panel plugins is a good
> fallback.

It seems to be the GNOME way to use a GtkMenuBar for that. The Xfce way
seems to be to use GtkButton's in the panels (for launchers, menus,
etc...). I like the Xfce way, though the GtkMenuBar solution does have
some advantages over the GtkButton one, in the case of several menus
beside each other.

> Jani

Stefan