Color Schemes [Was Re: thunar icon]

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Feb 22 20:00:09 CET 2006

Biju Chacko schreef:
> Young Hahn wrote:
>> starting to think abount backdrops/color scheme... how wedded is XFCE to
>> the current rodent logo? as cute and adorable as it is, i find it has
>> issues from a design standpoint (mostly because the tail takes up a lot
>> of space without "filling" it).

Don't you dare take away our logo ;-) Seriously though, the mouse is a
big part of our identity. I'd love to see more people experiment with
the mouse/rodent theme, but not as a default theme.

>> you can check a blue/gray look here--not a serious shot at a default
>> logo or theme, but interesting anyway:
>>
>> http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php?content=35407&PHPSESSID=42c957d866085a299eda765f01af8987
>> <http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php?content=35407&PHPSESSID=42c957d866085a299eda765f01af8987>

Very nice indeed! The background image would be an interesting addition
to our list of backgrounds, IMHO.

> I like it. It's a nice look -- I think I'll use it for a while. However,
> we've already decided on a default WM Theme for 4.4. Perhaps you wcould
> work around that?

The default WM theme has indeed already been chosen (although with
Olivier you never know ;-). The gtk theme especially the colors does not
please everyone, so I think new suggestions are still welcome.

	Jasper