ah, desktop icons

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Fri Feb 17 13:23:59 CET 2006

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Hehehe, I'll go with my own feature request... I think it would be
> better if the apps started from the desktop could chdir do $HOME instead
> of staying in ~/Desktop
>
> That would help when launching terminals or even Thunar from the desktop
> for example....

That sounds kind of hacky. It's rather unexpected behavior, esp if
running a shell script, say. And it's something easily fixed with a
wrapper script or perhaps in a .desktop file. Executable files on the
desktop really ought have ~/Desktop as their working dir.

So I'd be against it, unless it was optional and off by default.

-- b