xfwm4 compositor really slow

jaanus sodi at hot.ee
Thu Feb 16 22:18:47 CET 2006

Actually the problem was solved after full system restart, so it could
have been video card memory (32mb not enough?), or just some other weird
thing.. So, it was considerably faster and it does seem a bit slower on
slower CPU.
Some other thing I noticed: adding --compositor=off to
~./config/xfce4/xinitrc didn't somewhy seem to work (confirmed, that it
does use that config). Had same problem with disabling panel
transparency .. just didn't work?!
Final question: can/does xfwm's compositor act like xcompmgr -a? It
seems to fit me - less redrawing and nice fast.

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>jaanus wrote:
>

>>I know, but that was a way to show, that _everything_ was slow. Yeah,
>>was, full restart helped a bit, thanks anyway :)
>>

>I don't think so for various reasons:

*snap*